Tattoo Artists Interviews - Latest Hot Tattoo




Tell me how you started at Hope Gallery Tattoo and a bit about working with Joe Capobianco?
About two years ago myself, Eric Merrill and Joe Capobianco were working at Darkside Tattoo and things were going south around the shop so we decided to move on and open Hope Tattoo Gallery. We are all co-owners of the shop and I couldn't ask for a better situation.
Working with Joe is always fun he is always inspirational and not afraid to tell you what he thinks witch is important when you are trying to better your artwork. this past year we picked up a new artist called Tim Harris who is an awesome kid, very talented and very slow hahaha but you cant rush perfection!!

Japanese Tattoos - Koi & Dragon Tattoo

What made you decide to become a tattoo artist?
I guess I decided I wanted to pursue tattooing when I was seventeen and had gotten my first taste of ink. I could always draw and figured this was something I could be good at. I've been tattooing since 1992 and since then I've learned so much over the years. The guys who have inspired me the most have been the people I've gotten to tattoo - around all my coworkers over the years who have influenced me in one way or another. So a big thanks goes out to all those guys.
How do you think your style has developed over the years?
My style leans more towards realistic stuff and I also like to dabble so i don't have one particular style at least I don't think I do. I don't know whatever.
What advice would you give to new artists coming through who are trying to make a name for themselves?
As far as advice to up and comers I would say don't take peoples skin for granted if you cant handle something don't do it and don't be afraid to know your weaknesses as a tattooer. That's how we improve I'm still learning myself. Never stop learning, be respectful, put your heart into your work, stay humble and you will go far. Tattooing is a one man sport and how good you get is up to you. That is my advice to the new guys.